On the modern market, there is a wide variety of styles and models of clothing for all age categories, including for newly born babies. The choice of clothes for a newborn has a great influence on his level of comfort and convenience, for this reason, it is recommended to first familiarize yourself with what clothes are suitable for a particular occasion, it can be clothes for everyday wear or clothes for a special occasion.
Future parents and relatives strive to create comfort for the child, especially when it comes to clothes, while parents can buy a lot of clothes that, as a result, the child will not need in his daily life, this is especially true for outfits. This goal is pursued by manufacturers and sellers of children’s clothing, while such outfits do not always correspond to the real needs of the child.
In this regard, it is important to rely on the recommendations of experienced mothers, which will allow you to give an affirmative answer to the question of what clothes to buy for a newborn. It is also important to focus on the following points:
- What clothes does the newborn need in the first months;
- How many clothes to buy for a newborn for one season;
- What clothes should not be included in the wardrobe of a newborn;
- What clothes does the newborn need at the time of his stay in the maternity hospital;
- What clothing size is appropriate for a newborn.
What Clothes Does a Newborn Need in the First Months?
In this case, we are talking about the clothes that the child will wear until he begins to move independently or sit without assistance. The standard kit consists of various bodysuits, men, and sliders.
Little people are distinguished by their ease of use, so they are actively used by mothers. In general, we are talking about thin cotton options, you can also select insulated models. It is recommended to give preference to men with comfortable fastening. From the point of view of design, elegant, casual, and pajama options can be distinguished.
In winter, it is better to stock up on several thin ones, two velor ones, and one insulated man.
- Bodysuits. The wardrobe of the child should be comprehensive and meet the actual needs of the baby. Depending on the ambient temperature, they can be independent clothing or addition to her little man. Models with long arms deserve special attention; their distinguishing feature is the absence of the need to purchase scratches. The approximate quantity is 4 pieces.
- Sliders. Another indispensable element of clothing in the life of a newborn. As an alternative in the summer, shorts can be considered. If necessary, you can purchase insulated shorts – sandboxes.
In addition, it is recommended to include the following items of clothing in the child’s wardrobe:
- Diapers-cocoons. Even if the plans do not include swaddling a baby, cocoons are a necessity in the first three months. Even those who are skeptical about swaddling will not deny the fact that often the movements of the arms and legs prevent the baby from falling asleep, and cocoon diapers allow you to fix this. In the first months of life, limited space does not bring discomfort to the baby.
If all the needs of the child are satisfied, while he does not sleep well at night, then it is better to use a cocoon diaper, which will ensure a healthy sleep for the baby.
Cocoon diapers do not restrict the baby’s mobility while minimizing the likelihood of sudden movements, for this reason, the baby can no longer be afraid of them and sleep peacefully. You can select thin and insulated models.
- Sleeping bag. An indispensable assistant for the healthy sleep of the baby. With it, you can cover the child at night and not worry about his comfort and convenience. The occurrence of unforeseen situations is excluded, which is possible due to the features of the sleeping bag. Similar functions are performed by ergopouch sleeping bags. It can be considered as an alternative to a diaper at night.
Bibs help protect clothes from spitting up immediately after feeding.
It is also recommended to pre-stock up on socks and hats, guided by the time of year, we should not forget about scratches.
How many Clothes does a Newborn Need?
The frequency of washing is the main criterion that affects the number of clothes. Practice shows that most often you will have to wash bodysuits and little men. At the same time, we must not forget that the baby is growing, which necessitates the purchase of additional sets, you will need 2-3 lower things. It is also recommended to stock up on diapers, this is in case the baby stays without diapers for a long time, on average 15 pieces are needed.
What Size Clothes to Buy for a Newborn?
If we are talking about a normal full-term baby, then underwear of at least size 56 is best for him. Its service life varies from 1 to 2 months. Smaller clothes will create discomfort and become small very quickly, as a result, you will still have to buy new sets for several sizes.
Hi, they call me Jenna, and I am also known for achieving a gold medal during my Ph.D. in science life. I always had a dream to educate people through my utmost writing hobby. So, I chose this blogging path, and Biomadam gave me this opportunity to present for them. I now stand to entertain you. Continue reading my articles & discuss if you’ve any confusion through the comment section below.