Rob Lowe once said, “I always like stories where the egg ends up on my face.”
While many might not like eggs on their face, unlike Rob, I am sure most people love an egg on their plate.
Eggs are a nutritious breakfast and a simple binding agent used in numerous foods. But, you can eat eggs in uncountable ways besides your regular fried and boiled eggs. Eggs are excellent for any time of the day; breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks. Make sure to regulate your daily water intake along with fresh juices to stay full with these egg recipes.
Read till the end to find some delicious egg recipes for yourself and your family.
Avocado Egg Toast
Being a morning person enjoy eating the yummiest and fresh avocado toast!
You can amp up your avocado toast by adding a poached egg to it. Here’s how to prepare an avocado egg toast.
Poaching the Egg
- Bring two cups of water to a boil.
- Now, crack an egg into a bowl.
- Drop the egg into the boiling water slowly.
- Add a little vinegar to cook the egg without losing its shape.
- Take your poached egg out after 3 minutes carefully.
- Take a piece of your favorite bread and toast it for a while.
- Slice avocado into thin slices.
- Now, take your toast and spread the sliced avocado on it.
- Place the poached egg on the avocado toast.
- Add chili flakes or maple syrup according to your choice.
Your healthy avocado egg toast is ready! Add your favorite smoothie drink to the breakfast to make it a complete, energy-filled breakfast.
Deviled Eggs and Sausages
Making deviled eggs is one of the easiest egg breakfast recipes for kids. Boiled eggs stay good for a few days, so you can boil and save them in advance for deviled eggs.
Preparing Deviled Eggs
- Boil the eggs for 10 – 14 minutes per your preference.
- Let them cool and remove the shells.
- Cut them into half vertically or horizontally, according to your choice.
- Take out the yolks from the eggs and mash them in a separate bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper, mustard, and other spices of choice to the mashed egg yolks.
- Mix everything well.
- Use a spoon or piping bag to fill the boiled egg whites with the egg yolk mix.
Frying the Sausages
- Defrost the sausages and boil them before frying if you prefer.
- Take some amount of oil or any other fat in your pan and let it heat.
- Add the sausages to the pan.
- Cook them thoroughly on all sides.
- Take the sausages out of the pan and cut them in half for a better presentation.
It is a delicious egg recipe for breakfast, loved by everyone! They are also suitable for a ketogenic diet.
Cheese Omelet Sandwich
If you are tired of eating fried and boiled eggs the same way every day, your protein breakfast recipe calls for a change.
Enjoy eggs in this new way if you have not tried it before. We are sure you will fall in love with this omelet sandwich. It is a perfect combination of proteins and carbs in adequate amounts when taken with a drink of choice. Many people prefer vitamin water, yet we suggest taking fresh juices or milkshakes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add salt and pepper to season.
- Drizzle a little oil or butter into the pan and let it heat.
- Pour most of the egg into the pan while dipping the bread slices in the rest of the beaten eggs.
- Place the dipped bread slices over the egg.
- Let the eggs cook for 2 minutes and flip when one side is done.
- Add cheese slices to the egg and vegetables or meat of choice.
- Fold the bread slices over each other and cook for two minutes until golden.
- Flip and cook the bread on the other side the same way.
Relish your cheese omelet sandwich without the need for anything else.
Black Bean and Egg Tacos
Who said that you could not have an interesting egg lunch? You can, any day you want!
Surprisingly, eggs combined with other healthy ingredients are a boost of macro and micronutrients for your daily requirement. However, make sure that you do not have food allergies or intolerance to any of the ingredients before trying the recipe.
Here’s a black bean and scrambled egg taco recipe for days you cannot choose between eggs and tacos.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake the taco shells for 3 minutes.
- Pour some olive oil into a pan and saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add a can of black beans, some chili flakes, cumin, and lime, and stir. Season it with salt and pepper per taste.
- Crack 3 eggs in a bowl.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper, to the eggs and whisk well.
- Heat butter in a saucepan and add the eggs. Sprinkle salt and pepper and stir continuously after a few seconds.
- Cook enough to prepare delicious scrambled eggs. Remove the eggs from the heat when done.
- Add the black beans and scrambled eggs to the tacos along with diced tomatoes, coriander, and other toppings of choice.
Ham and Egg Quiche
A quiche is a filling lunch option, and what’s better than an egg quiche? It is a perfect source of proteins, carbs, and calories in appropriate quantities. Quiche helps you go through the day without feeling filled to the brim.
Have a look at this simple ham and egg quiche for an egg lunch recipe. You can have it for breakfast or dinner as well.
Baking the Quiche Pastry
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Meanwhile, spread your pastry evenly in the tart pan. Make sure to leave some edges as the pastry will shrink.
- Prick the pastry with a fork and cover it with a parchment sheet. Fill the tin with baking beans to keep the crust in shape.
- Bake the quiche base for 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking beans and parchment sheet and bake for 5 more minutes.
Preparing the Filling
- Whisk 4 eggs, milk, some double cream, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Add spinach, cheddar, parmesan, and oregano per taste and mix again.
- Pour the egg mixture into the baked quiche pastry.
- Add ham and vegetables to make it even better.
- Bake for 30 minutes, and enjoy every bite of the ham and egg quiche.
Egg and Tomato Pita Pockets
Without much talking, here’s how you can quickly make this delicious egg recipe.
- Boil 4 eggs for 7 – 10 minutes per your preference and let them cool.
- Once cooled, remove the shells and chop the eggs.
- Add in mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and tomatoes. You may add or skip seasoning according to your liking.
- Cut the pita bread in half and create a pocket in each of them.
- Fill the pockets with the filling enough not to leave spaces.
- Wrap your tomato and egg pita bread pockets in grease-proof paper.
Eat them for lunch at home or take them to work with you. Enjoy your pita pockets with vitamin-boosting juice for a delicious meal!
Anchovy and Basil Carbonara
Let us take you on a brief trip to Italy with this decadent Italian recipe. Carbonara is a comfort food to many, and you will love every bit of it. It eliminates the strong taste of eggs and gives a creamy texture to the pasta. It comes with the added health benefits of eating seafood.
- Boil water in a saucepan.
- Add linguine and a pinch of salt to the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Save a cup of pasta water for later use.
- Cook the pasta until al dente and drain when done.
Preparing the Egg Sauce
- Separate your egg whites and yolks in different bowls.
- Season the yolks with salt, pepper, grated parmesan, and lemon zest. Whisk everything.
Cooking the Anchovies and Garlic
- Take a tin of anchovies and separate the oil and anchovies.
- Pour the oil into a pan on medium heat, along with some chili flakes.
- Chop the anchovies and add them to the oil.
- Cook them until the anchovies dissolve and you get a thick paste. Remove the anchovy paste from the heat.
- Heat a little bit of oil in the same pan and saute garlic.
- Pour the anchovy paste, egg mixture, basil leaves, and 3 tablespoons of the pasta water into the garlic pan and mix well.
- Add your cooked linguine to the sauce and give it a good stir.
- Remove pasta from heat and garnish with parsley and parmesan before serving.
Make it any time of the day and devour this goodness-filled egg meal!
Japanese Rice Bowl
The last one on the list is a filling meal with rice, eggs, and chicken. This Japanese bowl will make you enjoy every moment of your dinner with all the delicious elements and a burst of Asian flavors. Firstly boil rice to your liking and get to the rest of the work then.
- Firstly, mix mirin, rice wine vinegar, and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- If you have a packet of frozen chicken, take it out and keep it aside for some time.
- Then, marinate this chicken in the prepared marinade for 10 minutes
- You may also marinate the chicken in yogurt if you prefer a different flavor profile.
Cooking the Chicken
- Heat a teaspoon of sesame in a pan. Add spring onions and a pinch of salt.
- Stir and cook the onions covered for 5 minutes, making sure they do not burn.
- Put the marinated chicken into the pan, and do not throw the marinade.
- Cook the chicken with the onions for around 5 minutes on both sides.
- Add in the chicken broth and the marinade.
- Let it simmer on low heat for 20 minutes and take the chicken out when it is done.
- Leave the broth to reduce to a thick consistency. Adjust flavors if needed.
- Shred the cooked chicken and add it to the reduced broth. Click here to know how long can you freeze cooked chicken.
Preparing the Omelet
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl for the omelet.
- Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a frying pan and pour the eggs.
- Stir for a while and cook covered for 3 minutes.
- Remove the omelet from the pan once done.
- Roll the omelet and cut it nicely.
- Add rice to the bowls.
- Top with chicken and egg along with sesame seeds and edamame.
Your perfectly nutritious Japanese chicken and egg dinner are ready!
The Bottom Line
Eggs are full of nutrition and give you the energy you need to go about your day. They save you from issues like hypoglycemia and diabetes by keeping you energized without increasing the carbohydrate content in your body. You can eat eggs any time of the day you want with these delectable recipes. Many people try egg-based diets when they are trying to lose weight. Try these delicious egg recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner to enjoy healthy eating!
Hi, my name is Eva. I am currently practicing as a clinical social worker, that being my childhood desire. As a licensed therapist holding MPhil in Clinical Psychology, I am now on biomadam to provide the natives with the best family advice! Do you have any questions? See you in the comment section.